Thursday, May 7, 2009

WHY did you get a dog like THAT???

"WHY did you get a dog like THAT??"

So, I get asked that question A LOT and I'm going to come clean right here right now.

I have always been an animal person. I have my mom to thank for that. Growing up I had pigeons, hamsters, gerbils, parakeets, fish, mules, ponies, a goat (to keep the mule company), cats, and dogs. But there was one particular animal that I absolutely LOVED.

HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you knew me when I was little you probably remember. I sat in class and drew horses. I talked about horses. I rode horses, etc., etc. My first career goal was to be a horse trainer or a veterinarian. That didn't pan out but that is besides the point (I also wanted to be a rockstar but that didn't pan out either).
Anyway, my mom had this big dog book that had all of the different breeds and I always looked through it and loved it. When I was about 14 years old I looked through it and found this:

CHINESE CRESTED DOG



Which, I thought looked a lot like this:



So that is when I first discovered the Chinese Crested. I thought they were the cutest and coolest dog EVER. And I still do.

I do not have any dog allergies, I didn't get her as a favor to anyone else, and I do not voluntarily shave my dog bald. I just got this particular breed of dog because I think they are awesome and resemble little horses. That is all.

Oh, and I didn't get the dog because of the movie, "How to lose a guy in 10 days." That movie came out when I was in high school. I started liking the dog when I was 14. But I do love that movie, and the dog in it is awesome and looks quite a bit like Ellie!












3 comments:

  1. You are very kookie kinz but we love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, ellie is the cutest dog in the world. from looks to personality. she just has this way of putting a smile on anyone's face :) she's one of those dogs that can cheer a person up. love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you showing that picture to me. i always thought is was a phase. But obviously not! I think she is a great dog.

    ReplyDelete