Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My cat needs to go on a diet.

Look at that belly! He's SO CUTE!


My cat needs to go on a diet. There. I said it. I really do not want to put him through this but I think it's time. We're kind of in denial about it.
You know how it goes....

Friend: "Hey, your cat is kind of fat since the last time I saw him."
Us: "No he's not! He's just a little stocky."
Friend: "Are you sure? I think he's fat."
Us: "Really? No he's not... Is he really?"
Friend: "Yep."

Or you could use a excuse like my lovely grandparents do about their dog: "She's not fat! She just needs a haircut!"
Right...

We saw it coming. Every time he see us he meows and runs to his bowl. It's like he's really saying, "Feed me! Feed me! I love it when you feed me. If you don't then I won't love you" and somehow his expression looks like this I swear it.

How can you say no to that?!?
Well we started to try to trick him and give him a spoonful every hour or so. Ended up being more work for us. So then we started to measure his food out for what a 15 lb cat would need. That's not really working either. So what to do next......??

LOW CALORIE CAT FOOD


Do you think it tastes bad? I feel really bad about it. It's probably worse to let him get obese and get diabetes and joint problems though.

Sigh........

He's going to hate us.

I thought I'd be nice and post a picture of him looking quite slim. It's just a trick of the camera and the way he's laying though.

3 comments:

  1. haha you are so funny i love this post! low calorie cat food eh? You should try it and see if it tastes better then the regular stuff. did i really just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha he's so cute! felix, i tell ya. i know, i melt like butter when animals give me that look. ellie seems to be really good at it. but she's trim, so she can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. so funny...my kitty Emma is on low-cal food! she seems to like it just fine.

    ReplyDelete