Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Cat Lady?!


OK... so I may have another animal. It isn't official or anything. Let me explain....
So for the past couple of months there has been this cat that is around my apartment. It is super friendly and likes to be petted. I always figured it must belong to someone. However, recently I've noticed it has become super skinny so I started feeding it. Now this is what I refer to as MISTAKE #1. Not that it is really a mistake to feed a hungry animal but it now WAITS for me to come home from work to feed it!!!! Then there is what I refer to as MISTAKE #2..............

I NAMED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Why did I do this??!! Now I feel like I have this responsibility and I don't know what to do.

Anyway the cat's name is now Bagheera. You know, the black panther on the Disney movie The Jungle Book? The cat is completely black and has the prettiest green eyes ever!!! And it's so sweet.

I know that no one really reads this blog but if you do and want a cat please comment below!!!!!! Bagheera needs a home. She's super friendly and sweet. She even gets along with Ellie so I know that she is good with dogs. Please if you want a cat tell me!! I cannot become the "cat lady!" I totally have those tendencies and I'm fighting it with every ounce of resistance that I have. I already have a dog, cat, and bird and cannot have anymore! I do not live on a farm. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment for crying out loud!!

If no one wants Bagheera I will continue to feed her because I cannot have it on my conscience not to. I might even make it a little bed on my porch with a heating blanket for the winter. I can't let it in the house for the sake of the bird. Plus Ozzy is kind of upset about the whole thing.
If I end up getting a house I will take Bagheera with me and officially have another cat. But until then........I am just going to officially FEED the cat not OWN it. I might even take it to the Humane Society but the idea of it make me feel sad.

4 comments:

  1. haha. you are too cute!! Seriously. and i love your bangs!! i am not sure about cats..but i would maybe be interested in tending it for you? I need some motherly type experience. i need to take care of something . Sean doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we not teach you anything?! I am so sorry but I know you and I know you treat animals with the most kindness ever. I think you might have another cat. Congratulations. I would want to be your pet. But seriously, talk to the cat-lady in Torrey. I would take it but I live with Matt and he hates cats and I am on no-pets-at-a-time spree. I'm still in mourning 8(. Goog luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just invisioned you as the cat lady on T.V.. Don't become her, fight it. I think she started out in the same situation as you!!

    ReplyDelete